• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Yellow Outline Around Character Not Showing

Participant ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The yellow outline that usually shows around the character isn't there.  I see that there is a blue square around the body and I'm not sure why. I want to add the pin tool on the shoulders to prevent the whole body from moving but it only works for me when there's the yellow outline. 

Screen Shot 2022-01-18 at 2.27.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2022-01-18 at 2.28.06 AM.png

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

The other thing to watch for is it is almost always wrong to have a layer with all children being independent. It means the mesh of the parent has no artwork in it (so is size zero) - there is nothing to draw a line around. So your root character only has one child (Head) which is independent. Head has a child that is not independent, but there is no "Body" artwork for the Head to attach to. If you are going Head only (which is fine), try making the head NOT independent.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the bottom of the rigging panel are a series of icons including one that looks like a pentagon. Make sure it is highlighted by clicking on it.

outline.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The other thing to watch for is it is almost always wrong to have a layer with all children being independent. It means the mesh of the parent has no artwork in it (so is size zero) - there is nothing to draw a line around. So your root character only has one child (Head) which is independent. Head has a child that is not independent, but there is no "Body" artwork for the Head to attach to. If you are going Head only (which is fine), try making the head NOT independent.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines