• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Added Body to puppet, head displaced eyes, mouth, nose, etc.

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

error.png

Hello, I've been learning how to use Character Animator over the last few weeks by following the tutorial video

Making Your First Character (Adobe Character Animator Tutorial)

I created and modified the same head over and over until I got the movement, blinks, mouth movement, etc perfectly. I moved on to step 2, adding a body.

I continued working on the same file where I had the head (Illustrator), and I added a body layer. When I went back to Character Animator, all the heads "fell apart", the eyes, nose, mouths, etc became separated from the main head that housed them. They all moved over to the right, away from the head. I did move the heads on the original illustrator file, so I believe this caused the error...

Is there anything I can do to align these parts back correctly in Character Animator? Or do I have to re-rig everything and re-tag all my layers? I feel like there must be an easier way to re-align the faces back onto the heads...

Also, one other question. How can I make my puppet shrink in Character Animator so that the whole puppet can fit in the scene that I'm recording?

Thank you for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up re-tagging all the structures, but if anyone knows a workaround please let me know. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it happened again. I changed some of the original AI files and again something happened- the arms moved and are not aligned with he puppet. How can I repair this or how can I make changes in AI that won't affect the puppet? I don't want to have to re-tag everything over and over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just read on another thread that this is a known bug in the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, thanks for understanding - hopefully this gets fixed in the next release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines