Highlighted

Adding hand additional hand gestures to my puppet

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I am very new to the illustration/animation world.... So, please bare with me.

Someone started a puppet for me (in Photoshop), but wasn't able to complete it. They sent me the puppet to finish.... I am working on it, but seem to be having difficulty incorporating additional hand gestures (i.e. thumbs up, close fist, two fingers, etc.), as an additional layer.

Could someone let me know what steps I need to take, to get this done?

Please help.... Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adding hand additional hand gestures to my puppet

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I am very new to the illustration/animation world.... So, please bare with me.

Someone started a puppet for me (in Photoshop), but wasn't able to complete it. They sent me the puppet to finish.... I am working on it, but seem to be having difficulty incorporating additional hand gestures (i.e. thumbs up, close fist, two fingers, etc.), as an additional layer.

Could someone let me know what steps I need to take, to get this done?

Please help.... Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Dec 07, 2018 0
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you explain a bit more where you are having troubles? E.g. are you getting the layers into the artwork okay? Are they layers appearing in charactger animator in the rigging panel okay? Are you getting tags added to existing swapsets? Or are there no existing hands positions today?

I would suggest looking at most of the sample puppets for hand guestures. You basically have a swapset with triggers to select which layer (hand position) to display.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Dec 10, 2018 0