• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arm Rigging

Community Beginner ,
Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I've got a problem. After rigging the arms, i move one arm and the other arm moves too, why is that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 30, 2018 Nov 30, 2018

Hmmm. Not sure, but a few points in case they help

• The mesh seems fine...
  • The attachment origin for the shoulder I was expecting to be green, but I don’t think that is the problem. The arms seem to move fine.
  • My main suspicion is you have added extra dragger behaviors per arm and have multiple draggers armed at the same time. You can have one dragger (e.g. on the root of the puppet, the default) and manage all draggers in the puppet. The behavior guesses the closest dragger based on where you start

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you include some screen shots? E.g. are both hands tracking together? Or just a bit of movement?

The other thing to check is in the rigging view, what is the yellow outline around the different layers. Are the two arms unexpectedly joined in the rigging view? Try clickig the mesh icon for more details. (Sometimes CH cannot work out the outline correctly, so everything gets joined into one big mesh, and that means when one arm the other arm moves too.)

Are the arms independent? A screenshot of the rigging structure showing the tree for the character can help too - to see which layers are dependent and independent etc .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 1.57.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 1.57.55 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-11-30 at 1.58.04 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm. Not sure, but a few points in case they help

• The mesh seems fine...
  • The attachment origin for the shoulder I was expecting to be green, but I don’t think that is the problem. The arms seem to move fine.
  • My main suspicion is you have added extra dragger behaviors per arm and have multiple draggers armed at the same time. You can have one dragger (e.g. on the root of the puppet, the default) and manage all draggers in the puppet. The behavior guesses the closest dragger based on where you start the mouse click and drag from. Because you have added a behavior per arm, those draggers will *only* find the dragger on the arm they are attached to. So having all 3 draggers active at the same time will cause your problem. (See how there are red dots against the root Dragger, the [LArm] Dragger, and the [RArm] Dragger? I think that is the problem.)

So solutions are either
(1) Remove the draggers on the arms - just using the one on the root of the puppet is fine, or
(2) Make sure you don’t arm all the draggers at the same time.

Sometimes I do use multiple draggers. But I tend to do so more when I want do record one drag for the hand, and a second drag for the elbow later where I want to see the first drag. But if using the IK-arm behavior now, I would not bother. Just have a single dragger behavior. You instead record values for the elbow strength if you want to change how the arm moves in the middle of a scene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you very much for your time, my friend. As you said, I had added extra Dragger behaviors per arm and have multiple draggers armed at the same time. It's working fine now. I really appreciate your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines