• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto Lip Sync Time Limit to 5 Minutes?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2017 Sep 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that I've topped out at 5 minutes for the auto lip sync function in Adobe Character Animator.

I've got three puppets setup that goes through different camera views using a cycle layers behavior so I'm not sure if that has something to do with it.

Is there a time limit in character animator that only allows for it to lip sync 5 minutes of audio.  I've got more than 5 but less than 10 minutes but the auto lip sync stops right at 5 minutes.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, you should be able to go way longer than that. Seems like a bug.

Or click your scene in the project panel and check the duration in the right properties to see if increasing it shows more of your timeline. Maybe it's being cut off because your duration is too short to begin with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 15, 2017 Sep 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be a bug.  I've got the latest cc version of character animator.  The scene time was fine but I tried increasing it just in case and I get the same issue.  Still the auto lip sync stops right at 5 minutes.  I know at one point you announced that one of the updates allowed for an unlimited timeline but from what I can tell, it doesn't work for the auto lip sync. 

FYI, This is on a PC and I'm using the latest version of Character Animator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, I see what the problem is. The default length of a puppet is 5m. Before you run "compute lip sync", extend your puppet clip in time for as long as you expect to need it for your scene.

Dan R.

CH QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Daniel,

how do i extend  the time of puppet clip.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2020 Aug 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am also having my character stop after 5 minutes.  I am looking to extend the timeline of my character.  Can you assist me in extending this?  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Dan.

That's it.  I did eventually find the issue myself but was just now getting back to reporting my find but you beat me to the punch.  I ended up dragging the clip length to the end of the scene length.  Not sure if there's some other way to change the clip length but that worked for me.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2020 Aug 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan,

how do you extend  the time of puppet clip ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines