• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Back to the future?

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hehe click bait title but to be fair its actually quite apt for this.

Is there a way i can go back into the history and copy a previous take and bring it forward into a new scene?

It's not a major thing but it'd be quite helpful

taaaaaa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a History panel - you can revert project state to that point. You can do Edit/Copy. You can also revert state back to a future state. But I have never tried it as if you do the smallest change in the past it loses the future (scary!). So I would try it on a test project first.

But yes, I think its possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, you can copy and paste across time.

> I have never tried it as if you do the smallest change in the past it loses the future...

Never fear, there's a feature for this!

The first (explicit) way is to make a history bookmark (the little marker icon on the lower left of the history panel or the menu item in the File menu) before going back in time. This way, even if you make mistakes in the past, you can still return to 1985 (without having to jump through hoops to get your mom and dad to fall in love again or use a lightning bolt due to the difficulty of obtaining plutonium for 1.21 gigawatts of power).

The second way is more hidden. Let's say you go back to the past and accidentally mess up. In the menu for the history panel, there's an option to show auto bookmarks. Any change that causes a "redo future" to be discarded in favor of a new timeline should cause an automatic bookmark to appear here that will get you back (to 1985, so to speak).

Hopefully that helps.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Slight clarification: the automatic bookmark doesn't take you back to the future state, it just puts back the redo future. It takes one more click to return to the latest step in the original timeline before you went back.

So it fixes the timeline and gives you a canister of plutonium so you can do the driving. This would have made for a very boring movie.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines