• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CA fill up my c drive

Engaged ,
Oct 08, 2018 Oct 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I start Charakter Animator my c drive fills up rather quickly. I think those are temp datas because as soon as I quite CA I get the space back. But I couldn't find any prefs to put those data onto another Harddrive or do I overlook something? I my opinion this should be an option because if I work on a project and it fills my c drive and I can't continue to work this would be an extreme problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "always saved" setup in CH has been there from the beginning, intended to save the data needed to fix problems during the development of a new app. It definitely fills up the automatically saved projects and puts them all in one place. You can use "save as" at any time to place the project wherever you want it. I usually do that, and then delete the project from my C drive. From then on the project will stay where you have put it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification but I've put my project on my d drive however as soon as I start CA 4gb are gone from my c drive and it seems to still put data on that drive. Do I need to do anything else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't noticed that behavior.

Did you "Save as" in Ch to put the project on D, or did you move the project from C to D in file explorer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a save as 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I can't explain it. I'll have to keep a closer eye on what happens when I do a save as..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know either, but is it the operating system allocating swap space I wonder. Does it happen with other large programs as well? Swap space is disk space the operating system uses to save memory too if it runs out of ram to hold everything in. Just a thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only noticed it with CA as it filled up my whole c drive a few days ago.

When I close the program it also crashes. Not sure but maybe it is related.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2018 Nov 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This might be Photoshop scratch space if you're working with a PSD based puppet (in a 2.0 project, this is mostly during import or reconcile).

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea sorry. I have crashes causing it to exit, but never crashes because it exited! But I only have a C drive On my laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines