• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I create a puppet in Photoshop then open/transfer it to Illustrator?

Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently creating a puppet in ProCreate using my iPad Pro and iPencil. ProCreate can export to Photoshop. I'd like to then export/import the Photoshop files for my puppet into Illustrator to finish. Is this viable? Is there a simple method?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use photoshop on the ipad? ... when it becomes available... When will PS for iPad be released?!

I use Adobe Draw on the ipad which exports one way directly to illustrator or photoshop. You cannot continue editing however, which is why photoshop for ipad is much more interesting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the Adobe Draw reminder. It might ultimately be the path I take in completing my puppet.

At this moment, I've been unable to find a method to convert my puppet (on my desktop) from Photoshop to Illustrator. This transfer/import to Illustrator of the puppet would be ideal. Not finding a way to do it. So far, as best as I can figure, I'd need to place each part of the puppet individually, image trace, expand, etc. Looks great, but tedious. Was hoping there was a method that was more efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Character animator works with photoshop files as well you realize? Just checking!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. And thanks for checking. I want the vector aspect of Illustration.

I started drawing using the ProCreate (app on iPad using iPencil) and liking the raw results of the images...it will export everything to Photoshop. So I could use Photoshop and go directly to CH from there, yes. But it's the vector (tracing/expanding) and clean edges I like in Illustrator. It might turn out I'll have to paste PNGs of each layer and convert into Illustrator by hand. I had hoped and was curious if there was a system of simply exporting from Photoshop into Illustrator. Doesn't seem there is.

I do appreciate your attention to this question. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It would be worth checking to see if you program generates vector artwork. I thought photoshop only does raster artwork (but I am no expert). Adobe draw can export as vector to illustrator or raster to photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines