Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFHDDecoder.dll and Webcam issues?

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone.

I was using preview 5, and the webcam would drop out as "busy".

Often, clicking on "next camera" would restore it.

I've upgraded to Preview 6, and now on program open it complains that "CFHDDecoder.dll is missing" and suggests a re-install.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but I still get the same issue. Also, the program does open, but my webcam is no longer available. Any Ideas please?

I have a Dell inspiron17 i7000 and the webcam uses the generic windows driver, usbvideo.sys

Windows 8.1 64bit

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have GoPro software installed (with the Cineform codec)? If so, either try uninstalling the GoPro software to see if it's a conflict with it and/or try the latest available version of the GoPro software to see if the issue has been addressed.

Usually when the camera shows a "Camera is busy" message or doesn't show an image, there's some conflict with another application (Skype, etc.) that currently has access to the webcam as a video source). Are any other apps running in the background?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi.

Thanks for your reply. I do have GoPro software installed, and did a re-install too.Still getting the error on open, but it doesn't seem to be causing an issue.

I got to the bottom of my webcam issue though. It would appear that there was a loose ribbon connector inside the laptop, which was causing intermittent problems. Sounds crazy, but totally true.

Since re-seating the connector, it's been working like a dream..

thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines