Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change colors globally

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I searched and could not find anything on this:

I'd like to quickly be able to change the skin colour on characters, by e.g setting hex colour a variable which would be applied to the relevant body parts. Is there any way to accomplish this (my illustrator file has too many layers to do this quickly).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what Global Swatches in Illustrator are for. You can create a few swatches and check the "Global Swatch" checkbox and apply it to your shapes. When you want to change the skin color globally you just change the swatch color. That being said, since you already applied your swatches there is another way to do this—it's called "Recolor Artwork."

Check out the video at the bottom of this page to learn how it works: Change color and strokes |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don’t think so. I think you could do things like put a layer over the top using different layer merge color properties (e.g. how to combine a transparent layer with the layers under it), but I don’t think it will achieve what you want With sufficient precision.

The best approach I can think of (which is not “good”) is to export the puppet when done, then import the exported puppet. This will make a copy including all the rigging. Then edit the cloned puppet to adjust the color using Photoshop etc tools (it can change colors globally in it). But if you edit the original puppet again, the changes would not be brought across to the copy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines