Highlighted

Co-Tagging for visemes / mouth shapes possible?

Engaged ,
Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is it possible to do co-tagging of visemes/mouth shapes?

Example:

The viseme "surprised" works well once I make a "fish-mouth" expression. This viseme is triggered by this expression, and, loads perfectly.

Now I wanted to add a "surprised" graphic for the eyes, too. I added that layer group, named and tagged it "surprised", told it to "hide others in group" so as to replace the old eyes with a surprised look but that didn't seem to work.

_______

A similar addition of features would be nice for "smile", or, in fact, any viseme, also for the ones that are audio-controlled. Like, say, I have a very characteristic "Ee" and I want some facial features to match it, then it would be nice to simply tag those features "Ee", like the viseme, and thereby triggering all of it at the same time as soon as anyone says "Ee" into the mic.

But, like I said, that didn't work.

Am I missing on something or is it rather a "feature request"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Co-Tagging for visemes / mouth shapes possible?

Engaged ,
Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

is it possible to do co-tagging of visemes/mouth shapes?

Example:

The viseme "surprised" works well once I make a "fish-mouth" expression. This viseme is triggered by this expression, and, loads perfectly.

Now I wanted to add a "surprised" graphic for the eyes, too. I added that layer group, named and tagged it "surprised", told it to "hide others in group" so as to replace the old eyes with a surprised look but that didn't seem to work.

_______

A similar addition of features would be nice for "smile", or, in fact, any viseme, also for the ones that are audio-controlled. Like, say, I have a very characteristic "Ee" and I want some facial features to match it, then it would be nice to simply tag those features "Ee", like the viseme, and thereby triggering all of it at the same time as soon as anyone says "Ee" into the mic.

But, like I said, that didn't work.

Am I missing on something or is it rather a "feature request"?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I think so - but each head only looks for the first instance of a viseme inside its mouth group. I think you could do this if you tagged the eyes somehow as a separate group. So for example, your main head is Frontal, but your eyes are Right Profile, and somehow the lids are a mouth group? It's a hacky way and I'm not 100% sure it would work, but worth a try...very interesting idea...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

I haven't fully wrapped my head around it but I get the basic idea and will try it, thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines