• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create a sitting down character

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey folks, I need to create a character whose primary position is sitting down. There will be minimal movement of the torso and lower extremities. I the scene will almost be like a news anchor at a news desk. Most movements will be done via triggers. How would I go about creating this character and limiting the movement? If this is too vague let me know and I'll flesh the concept out for you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

The easiest way by far is to make the desk the character’s “pants” (that is, don’t have any legs) then put a stick across the top edge of the desk to stop it warping, with pins to stop it moving.

The challenge with a desk is if you want the character to move around behind the desk but put their arms in front of the desk. That becomes closer to the martin puppet with the guitar. The guitar should not warp with the character, but has to slot between the arms and the body. So it can be done, but its

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The easiest way by far is to make the desk the character’s “pants” (that is, don’t have any legs) then put a stick across the top edge of the desk to stop it warping, with pins to stop it moving.

The challenge with a desk is if you want the character to move around behind the desk but put their arms in front of the desk. That becomes closer to the martin puppet with the guitar. The guitar should not warp with the character, but has to slot between the arms and the body. So it can be done, but its tricky.

There were some recent threads with someone doing something similar. I will try to find it again.... Fixing not working properly? There may be some other threads as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting idea. I'll try it. If you could find a thread on this please link me to it. I did a search prior to posting and did not find anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I edited the previous post and added the link After the original post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I see it now. I am going to give this a try... Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines