Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elbow Locked Up. Arm still drags.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Sledge315 here, I am a Twitch streamer and I built Leon the Lion for said stream. Everyday I add new features to my stream to up the overall looks and vibe my character gives off. In the process of adding a hotkey of him putting glasses on, he lost the ability to bend his arm. I noticed it halfway through adding in the new effect of the glasses. I always hide other layers in groups when I have my hotkeys set. this transition is pretty complex and I think I might've bugged it somewhere along the way without realizing it. I am also working in the beta still and that might be creating the issues as well. My windows PC hasn't allowed me to open the actual Character Animator CC for whatever reason, so I can't work within it. Anyways, the draggable handle and stick tools for arm and forearm are all as I left them, but when I move his hand, its like the elbow locks up and I can't get his arm to bend. The opposite arm still works fine. Also, the standard hand I have in place when no hotkeys hide it, is missing. not entirely sure why. I'd love to send my files over to share my issues if someone has some expertise in this. Let me know and happy animating!

-Sledge

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Figured it out guys, disregard! I had a draggable handle on one hand, and a regular Handle on the other one, so it couldn't work properly! you can see in the image provided how the left hand says "draggable" while the right hand says nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disregard the part about the missing hand, I found it buried behind the body, might have accidentally dragged it behind at some point and just noticed it. Still having issues with the dragging of the hand

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 3.45.18 PM.pngHere is a photo for reference

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Figured it out guys, disregard! I had a draggable handle on one hand, and a regular Handle on the other one, so it couldn't work properly! you can see in the image provided how the left hand says "draggable" while the right hand says nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines