• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Errors in Beta 6 when AI file updated

Engaged ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta 6 has been giving me alot of issues when it comes to updating AI files. When I tweak my AI files and save them, then reopen CH, the whole CH project becomes corrupt. This is not something that happened in my beta 5 workflow. I am not doing anything different than before.

If I reopen the CH project multiple times it will try to fix itself by duplicating and renaming my "puppetV2" to "puppetV3" and adding an additional puppet as well as removing all data (handles, etc) that was previous added to CH causing me to have to redo everything. Also, sometimes I have to wait a good 15 mins to preview in record mode. This turns my workflow to a snail pace. The errors read something along the lines of "error in row 1".

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attn: Adobe

I have determined through tons of testing that putting a shareable puppet inside another puppet in beta 6 is causing this issue.

To recreate the same issue do this:

1. Make head of puppet shareable

2. Drag shareable puppet into original puppet

3. Close CH

4. Open illustrator puppet file, resave.

5. CH will error out and after reopening CH several times you'll get your puppet back but all saved data (handles, key triggers, etc) will be gone.

I have done the same process in beta 5 and it works perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like some really good sleuthing on your other posting. No longer trustworthy

I'll take a look at this soon to confirm and see what can be done.

Thanks -- Dan Tull

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reproduce an error during puppet/artwork reconciliation with these steps. I'll get it filed and investigate further first thing tomorrow morning.

Thanks -- Dan Tull

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dan,

I'm glad I was able to help. I was trying for 2 days to find a workaround with no success, so I'm happy at least i could determine the cause of the error so it could be addressed. Please let me know when the error is fixed. I'm super excited to implement walk cycles into my puppets.

Other than the issues, I'm truly loving CH. Its really changed the animation workflow. Keep up the good work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines