Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extended use of physics during a scene

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all

I've just really started trying to use physics for moving about props in a scene, the desired scenario being that a kangaroo character can knock two sets of blocks of a set of others, dividing the two in half , having the top half get knocked off the stack.  That much I've been able to do, but then ideally, I need them to be able to remain in place for x amount of time before the lower set of blocks are kicked against them, causing both sets to bounce off each other and the screen and reassemble, but overall this doesn't seem possible.  I thought it may have been possible using magnets, but whilst I have been able to get the blocks to return with some return strength active, this seems to immediately mess with where blocks initially land.

I feel like i'm maybe pushing the current physics behaviours to their limit at this point in time?  I'm thinking we may need to simplify this aspect of the scene, but in the event there is something i'm missing, I'd like to know.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Sean

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's a little hard to picture the exact scenario, but I experimented a bit using the Chicken Blaster sample and using a triggered replay of a work area take that sets return strength to 100, I was able to make a stack of boxes that falls and then gets re-assembled on demand with a trigger.

It isn't perfect since it appears that return strength only affects position and not rotation. It can also get into trouble if the objects obstruct each other on the way back to their rest position since they can get jammed up and fail to fully return.

I also experimented a bit with setting the Physics Start option to "When triggered" instead of immediately. I think I've used that in the past to make physics based mechanisms that could be reset with a trigger, but I didn't quickly find a way to get the effect I wanted in this case.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines