• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extra Trigger key shortcuts?

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any plan on implementing extra key shortcuts for triggers? The problem I'm currently facing is that I'm running out of keys for all my different triggers. I have a fairly complex puppet that needs the use of A LOT of different triggers simultaneously. So 0-9 and A-Z have quickly been filled and I still need more. MIDI is also not currently an option as I use a seperate software to automatically trigger specific keystrokes.  Maybe a way to add a "shift+key" or an "alt" , "ctrl" , etc would help immensely. The puppet is used in a live streaming setting so I can't just record them separately. All triggers have to be active at once. Thanks!

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you happen to have a MIDI keyboard? You can use it to get extra keys. There a button pads etc you can get if willing to spend $$$. (I think it's around $100 to get say and 8x8 button pad.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply! Unfortunately, as I mentioned in my post, MIDI is not an option for me as I use a separate software to automatically trigger specific keystrokes. I need the triggers to be triggered automatically. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

You mentioned that you used multiple triggers at the same time. Is there an opportunity to combine multiple actions under a single trigger? Making groups of actions may reduce the trigger count.

Be well fellow puppeteer. - Platty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Err, yeah, I missed that sentence! (blush)

You can automatically generate MIDI events via software, but probably not with the package you are using.

The only other approach I know of is to use key combinations and grouping hierarchies. E.g. if you have 2 sets of arms with multiple hand positions under those arms, you can use the same trigger key for the hands (e.g. 1=point) of each arm alternative (f/b=front/back arms) so its the arm + hand triggers that pick the final artwork for a hand (pointing can look different for front or back arms). You can use this same trick if for example you have 9 sets of hands. Group the hand positions into groups of 3, then use one of 3 keystrokes to pick the subgroup and a second set of key strokes to pick the choice within the group. So 6 keys (pressed as pairs) can control 9 alternatives (8 keys can control 4x4=16 alternatives, etc). It might sneak a few more in. I think there is a limit to how many keys can be detected at this same time, so don't go crazy, but its another strategy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines