Highlighted

File size PHOTOSHOP VS ILLUSTRATOR

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a choice between illustrator and Photoshop for my puppets.  I’m very familiar with both programs so neither make a difference. I want to choose which one will be the best regarding performance and file size. Which is better?

A Photoshop file with many linked puppet assets?

Or an illustrator file with many linked puppet assetS?

Also what our general rule of thumb for assets?. Is embedded better than linked? are symbols better than embedded objects?

I will be keeping many assets in the Adobe creative cloud library. What workflow set up could I do that would get me the maximum performance for my puppet with the most optimum and low file size?

Thank you so much for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

File size PHOTOSHOP VS ILLUSTRATOR

Explorer ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a choice between illustrator and Photoshop for my puppets.  I’m very familiar with both programs so neither make a difference. I want to choose which one will be the best regarding performance and file size. Which is better?

A Photoshop file with many linked puppet assets?

Or an illustrator file with many linked puppet assetS?

Also what our general rule of thumb for assets?. Is embedded better than linked? are symbols better than embedded objects?

I will be keeping many assets in the Adobe creative cloud library. What workflow set up could I do that would get me the maximum performance for my puppet with the most optimum and low file size?

Thank you so much for your help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Valorous Hero ,
Jul 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CH works with both fine. I prefer illustrator as you can zoom in on the puppet without concern for rasterizstion (eg face closeups), but you get less brush effects etc illustrator,

I am not an expert illustrator/photoshop user so never used external linked assets. I would experiment early on to make sure it works. I have only ever used an illustrator file where everything is in the file, And it does not support all illustrator features (most, but not all)

2 Likes

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines