• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! Body won't show up in Record view

New Here ,
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've tried just about everything to get this body to show up. I had a developer customize some of the Chloe artwork for Character Animator, and have been trying to work (on a deadline) to create some simple animations with her. I have gotten just about everything to work, besides the fact that her body won't show up in the Record view. 

I had the body originally set to change views off of layer swap triggers, but since encountering this problem I have tried to delete it out to see if that's what was causing the problem. I then tried to reimport all the original artwork and start rigging her from scratch....this did not work either. Only the head and torso show up.

My hunch is that the layer hierarchy I'm using isn't right, but since CA is updated so frequently, I feel like the tutorials on the proper layer order are greatly outdated. Would anyone be able to point me in the right direction to get this character's body to show up?

See the attached pictures for my Rig setup as well as the error I'm encountering.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggestion to try... export puppet, then import so you have a complete copy or artwork and riggings then put the 3 profiles under Frontal in a sub layer so Body is not their sibling. That is Body is sibling of a profiles group.. I am wondering if it is acting like Body is a 4th profile... maybe check the Body layer for a stray profile tag as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion alan! So it turns out turning off my head turner layer behavior fixes this. Which parent layer should these behaviors be on? plus my eye gaze is no longer working.....do i need this on each eye, or the head above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2019 Sep 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To expand, I am guessing the Head Turner behavior shows one of the siblings and hides the others. (I am actually surprised it does this, especially if you copied Chloe, unless the Body layer accidentally had a profile tag on it as well. If so, just remove that tag and it may fix the problem. Hmmm, or unless it is using Body as the Frontal profile by mistake. You can check this by looking at the Head Turner behavior, expanding the “Views” and “Handles” etc sections - this shows how the behavior is interpreting the puppet - e.g. if it shows it thinks Body is the Frontal profile, that woudl explain it.)

So I am suggesting trying

Chloe/Frontal/Left Profile

Chloe/Frontal/Frontal

Chloe/Frontal/Right Profile

Chloe/Frontal/Body

be changed to

Chloe/Frontal/Profiles/Frontal (I would put this first - I though Head Turner took the first child as Frontal, not the layer tagged with Frontal)

Chloe/Frontal/Profiles/Left Profile

Chloe/Frontal/Profiles/Right Profile

Chloe/Frontal/Body

Some of the behaviors I think only control the first thing they find, others look under all profiles and control them all. I don’t remember while behaviors work which way sorry, but from your description sounds the Face behavior controls the first face it finds, not all of them. To solve this, add a Face behavior to each of the profiles (Left, Right, Frontal). The camera data will then flow to all those behaviors, and each behavior controls exactly one face in the puppet. I would remove the Face behavior from the root of the puppet to avoid confusion.

Sorry, if I had more time I would try creating a puppet, just sneaking in a reply here to suggest a few things. But frankly you trying some of the above teaches you more about how CH works for the next time anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines