• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I RE-ENABLE the external edits for my project?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that already has performances recorded. I'm adding arm/leg movements and had a sudden ERROR disabling external artwork incorporation.

I undid some things in Illustrator and want to try again BUT I can't figure out how? Even renaming the project did not re-enable the external artwork. IS THIS POSSIBLE, HELP!

[This is a situation in which the AUTOSAVE function didn't help, backing up in the history didn't help and I just plain lost work]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand, you are making changes to the artwork file but they are not getting loaded in CH automatically any more? If I understood, some things to check.

If you click on a puppet, at the top of the properties should be the path name to the puppet artwork. Make sure this file name is the same as the illustrator file you are editing. Sometimes CH sucks a copy of the artwork into the project, so you can end up with different files.

If you type CTRL-E in the rigging window, it will start up Illustrator etc on the file CH is using - using the above path.

Another thing is there is a checkbox near the path name field, asking CH to autorefresh on file change. Make sure this checkbox is selected. Maybe turn it off then on again.

In the scene window, there is also a refresh button. To arrows in a circle. Try clicking this button. Then if it does not work, try clicking while holding down SHIFT (I think). Then try restarting CH while holding down the SHIFT key. This is different levels of cache flush, forcing it to reload stuff.

Also note you can redo things in the history. But when you undo “import file changes” things can be a bit funny (where the scene “refresh” can help).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!! This is the info I needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines