• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How many groups can Character Animator have?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of groups for a lot of different actions via hotkeys. up until today its been great. but I just added an extra group into my illustrator file, and in CA it doesn't have a drop down of the layers within the group. so now when i try to make it cycle layers there isn't an option to add behaviors as it doesn't register the shapes as a group anymore. not sure why that is. pretty depressing and I hope its not due to a large file size or capacity of actions and layers. Help me if you know the answer to this!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean the group in Ch doesn't have the subgroups from the Illustrator document?

I'm not aware of any hard limits off hand, but Ch will merge subgroups from Illustrator if none of the items below a given level have been given names. This is intended to reduce the number of tiny pieces of artwork that have to be individually assembled/drawn in the scene, which would be less performant to animate than a single combined item.

Could that explain what you're seeing? (if not, a screenshot of the Illustrator and Ch layer/group trees might help)

Thanks -- DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi SethT,

Still having trouble with this issue? Please let us know!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

all set guys, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines