Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add more triggers?

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks!

Is there a way to create more trigger keys?

I have now whole alphabet and numbers in use haha.

I tried several things myself:

- Special signs: !?€

- Pressing multiple alphabet and numbers at the same time: abc 123 (this would be perfect with creating macros!)

Only thing I could find was midi solutions.

Anybody facing the same issue, or found a solution?

Would love to hear from you guys!

Greetz Marco

Title was edited by: Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you need so many triggers? Sometimes its a sign of the puppet not being set up correctly. E.g. I use “a” for angry but the one key is hooked up to mouth, eye brows, eyes etc - it changes them all at once. Sometimes people think you can only bind a key to a single trigger and not share it.

MIDI is a clear answer - 88 extra keys on a midi keyboard! There are other midi devices as well.

But if there is a logical grouping to your triggers, you can nest them. E.g. have one trigger for angry under which there are say 10 hand positions. A second key for happy can then reuse the same 10 triggers for different hand positions. So yes, combining two triggers can effectively multiply the number of combinations ... if the puppet is suitably structured.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greetz,

Thanks for reaching out. I agree with @alank. Adding too many triggers may make the editing process complex. Having said that, would you mind taking a look at this link: Controlling a character with triggers |

It explains how we can build triggers to character's face, behavior, etc.

I hope it helps.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 08, 2019 Jul 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marco, are you using cycle layers? With a single key associated with a number positions which cycle through.

Or are you creating the appearance of a cycle with one position associated with each key?

Would be nice to see some screenshots of your controls so we could see what sort of associations you have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'd love to know why you need so many triggers. That said, you don't need to assign a key to have a trigger. If you're not using CH live, the Controls panel is a great way to manage a large number of triggers.

Dan R.
CH QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines