Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to import a rig from animate

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I've built a puppet in adobe animate but would like to impoprt it to use for character animator.  It's in ayers already, I can rename to add + etc, but is there a way to get this puppet to character animate from animate?  All the tutorilas seem to be for a rig buit in either photoshop or ilistrator.  So far i've only managed to import it as a full picture but with no layers. 

Thanks in advance

x

TOPICS
Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's not a direct way but SVG export is probably your best bet. See https://youtu.be/TjQeUVeL2UY?t=206 for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has the SVG import option been removed?  I'm on version 22.5 and I don't see a way to import SVG files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2022 Oct 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your best bet is to use "Import Puppet" and import an AI format file. I'm pretty sure exporting to AI from Animate is still a possibility. You can always import image and there are a lot of formats supported for that, but you won't have the opportunity to import the layers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response, but I don't think you can export an AI from Animate.  At least, I don't see any way to do it.  Seems like the only way to accomplish this is to export an SVG, which as you pointed out, does not support layers.  Then open the SVG in Illustrator and manually cut and paste everything into individual layers.  Then export as an AI and import into Character Animator.  That's pretty disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In June 2022, SVG support was dropped due to low usage and integration/support issues. https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/using/whats-new/2022-1.html

Yes, unfortunately turning an SVG into a puppet will be a fairly manual process currently. I know some users who export different parts individually and then piece them together in PS or AI.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the explanation.  These are all great products that I will happily continue to use.  I just hope we see better integration in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines