• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I Cannot get my body to stop moving with the head!?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried everything I can think of from the tutorials...I cannot even pin the feet down..I have only been working with this program a week but I've managed to get the dangle to work great and spaghetti arms.... not liking the hinge attatch to the arms...plus it didn't change the body problem..so if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.. It just floats back and forth with my head movements!?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scene - Glib Front.125.jpgHELP!!!!!!!....Now I know what Bowie meant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2017 Jul 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Make sure your character is structured in this way: +Character group with Head and Body groups inside of it.

2. Make sure only the Character group has a crown icon next to it (independent).

3. With the body group selected, add two fixed handles on the feet.

If that doesn't work, please File > Export > Puppet and share your .puppet file via shared link (dropbox, google drive, creative cloud, etc).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I figured it out shortly after posting the question. It's great that you took the time to answer thanks! really appreciate it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have one more question about head turns. are there any tutorials about how to get you head to turn with the camera? I have made the heads for all five positions and have assigned them to keys, but they are very shaky and wiggle around and distort. also when I blink it tries to Blink, but just squishes and distorts the whole head. so I put them on keys that works but I still have the shaky distorted heads with pupils popping out etc. so I was wondering if the camera is competing with the keys or something?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the start mode in the app, take a look at the Wendigo example. He has head turns and the "Head Turner" behavior added to him to make it auto turn with webcam head movements. This part of a tutorial goes into more detail: https://youtu.be/_smLXODTd6U?t=23m

For the squishing blink issue, that happens if you don't have blink layers. You can either add them or turn Face > Eyelid Strength down to 0%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the blink layers and had solved the squishing problems. thanks. now after trying to duplicate the wendigo puppets layers for some reason my puppet has frozen and is not responding to anything, camera or keyboard or mic.. not sure what I did to cause this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I redid the photoshop file and have gotten the camera, keyboard and mic controls back. for some reason the head is fixed though and in the profiles the eye pupil is floating outside of the eyeball...I apologize for all the questions being new and I I am used to having a manual..In case it happens again do you have an answer for why the puppet froze also?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and now I added the head folder to my Ps document the heads tilt and move but, they are floating? kind of afraid to go further cause it was while trying to fix this that the character froze .............ok the head was floating because I had the + sign in front of the body now the head tilts with the body but the whole puppet floats... I pinned down the body but then the head was floating again. I know there's a simple answer, but I just can't figure it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to know without seeing the file. If it's possible to File > Export > Puppet and share it as a link (Creative Cloud, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) we could take a closer look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so I got two models the first one is a bust that's the one with the floating Eye problem and camera head turns not working. the second is full body it has the same problems, but also I can't figure out how to attach the limbs.. thanks a ton for the help!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1QOw7zC9BfvNkZLdHhmRkgwakU

head turns two.chproj - Google Drive

Character Animator Glib Front 2.chproj - Google Drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks like some supplemental files are missing there - I can't view it yet. The best way to share a puppet is File > Export > Puppet, then upload the resulting .puppet file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll take a look and report back in a few minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the first one, try this:

https://adobe.ly/2tydR3v

• The biggest issue is that some of your layers are bigger than they need to be. I'm not sure if this came from a sketch or some other artwork, but for example, several of the eye layers were way bigger than just the blink or eyeball they were supposed to be. This makes me think there were some extra specks / artwork floating around that were keeping them at the wrong size (and causing everything to be off, warping more because those specks were being calculated as part of the whole character).
  • Your blink layers were also just called "blink" in most cases, not tagged as right blink and left blink, so they weren't working.

The second guy also suffers from the extra artwork issue, so take a look at every layer in the PSD by pressing CMD + T / CTRL + T to see the bounding box and see if the size is really correct or not. If not, delete any extra space around it. In addition, you were starting to add sticks and draggables to the body group, not the arms as shown here: https://youtu.be/_smLXODTd6U?t=29m7s . But if you added fixed handles to the body ground then he should stay stuck to the ground.

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-01-22 at 10.03.07 PM.pngI've done this over and over again. Still the whole figure floats. When I apply the fix pin to the body folder, it causes the figure to distort. I don't know what i'm doing wrong, i've followed the setup like the tutorials. Please help! Is this a bug in the latest update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What if I want IK legs as well? Then  I can't fix the feet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here's a video where I show how to fix several issues with your puppet(Body floating, how to animate the arms, eye gaze not working in one eye, blink not working in one eye, head turns via triggers and the Head Turner behavior, etc.)

https://youtu.be/lXEJNacSL08

And here's the .puppet file from when I finished rigging: https://adobe.ly/39xL8k5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines