• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want my puppet to turn around, how should I do?

New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is newbie for the character animator..

The movement of my puppet is should be walking and then stop and turn around. However, I try to using the scale x to make my puppet reverse, the reverse is making the whole puppet mirrored also with the walking movement.

How do I make it just look like turning around?

Hope anyone can help this newbie, thankssss!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. The best wat to achieve this is to draw the different views of your puppet. So, you'll need a back view and a front view at least. I'd recommend adding side views (left and right) and possibly 3/4 views too. The more drawings you make, the smoother the turn will be. There are a couple of different ways to implement this. The easiest is to import the "turn" images as a sequence and then assign a trigger to them. Use the trigger when you want the character to Spin around.If you need more Control, for example, if you want the character to speak or move with hits back to back or side facing the camera. In this case you may need to create multiple character groups. You could then set up a Triggers that would switch to an alternative group when you need it to animate. Hope this makes sense there are some great tutorials that cover techniques like these on the edge of the character animator page.

Character Animator Tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have to agree with Angie.......  that is probably the best way to do it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines