Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Max is not playing ball!

Nov 11, 2016 Nov 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still working with my one eyed monster, in an attempt to understand how each component of Ch works, but the monster don't want to play ball!

So, I decide to go back to one of the first tutorials and follow it, step by step. The tutorial is, Building A Puppet From Scratch.

I kept testing it in Ch, to ensure it was doing as it should, but it didn't, it started doing the same strange results that I've been getting all morning!

Here is a snapshot of both my Ps layout and one of the Tutorial;

2016-11-11_10-35-35.png

2016-11-11_10-35-09.png

But this is what I'm getting

I tried changing setting and I can not get it to run as it should!?

Anyone help.... please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Several things look different from the video:

1. Call the top level +Max (add a plus).

2. Drag the Head and Body into +Max, currently they're outside.

3. Delete the background layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi...

2016-11-11_16-57-36.png

I've been trying all sorts of combinations... but keep getting the same thing... the eye is interacting with the movement of my eyeball!

2016-11-11_16-55-47.png

I tried adding + and making the RP and RE warp Independent... but that has worked either!?

I want to get this simple animation working so I can understand the basic of Ch, before I move on and start adding more... if that makes sense!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason that is happening is because you don't have a right blink layer in there. You either need that or set Face > Eyelid strength to 0%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's done it... as soon as I added the Blink layer... if became stable. I tried turning the Tag for Blink of and on.. to test and that's the answer!

The Eye Group then needs all three layers for the Eye to function correctly!? Blink, Eyeball/Pupil Range and Pupil

Does this apply to other groups of Tags?

Well it's Friday, so I'll leave you in peace over the weekend! Have a good one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For all eye functionality, yes. But we try to accommodate all eye types. For example, several of my characters just have pupils.

I'd say the eyes and mouth are the trickiest and most complex parts. If it's helpful, i've added some links to a simple blank PSD template and simple Head PSD template below our puppets on the examples page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines