• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple errors when attempting to click into scene

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2019 Feb 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm currently working on a windows 10 pc and I've been unable to advance work on my project because I frequently encounter the following two errors:

1.- The following error codes:

Error code:(container.js:343)

Error code:(engine.js:747)

Error code:(bootstrap.js:3)

Error.JPG

Error2.JPG

The first part of the error message is usually different but the error codes are the same.

2.- This other error that says something along the lines of "Error parsing properties list from file C...CharacterAnimator/2.0/WorkspacesV11/SavedWorkspaces/UserWorkspace_1.xml" or other file numbers,

Error3.JPG

The errors prevent the scene from loading, I can acces the rig screen but I'm unable to see the changes I make because I can't watch the scene.

I would greatly appreciate all your help! Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recall some errors like this were caused by pins being added to a layer but outside the mesh for that layer. It was a bug to get the error, but the fix was just to move the handles/pins back over the mesh. Not sure if the same problem, but worth checking - just run through the layers and check and handles/draggers/pins etc on each layer Are inside the yellow mesh boundary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've followedyour advice and checked to see if there were any pins outside of the mesh but I couldnt find any.

Just to make sure I didnt have any stray pins I erased the lateral views of my character on my .ai file and it worked momentarily, Character Animator was able to load the scene and I was even able to import an audio file and lip sync it. But then, when I tried to correct the visemes, Character Animator crashed and since then I have been able to intermitently work on it but I still get the workplace crash or the other error codes every 15 mins or so.

This is the latest error message I've got:

Error4.JPG

It was working normally and then while adjusting the visemes it crashed and gave me that error.

I've also tried the alt  +  refresh scene to no avail.

Sometimes restarting the application helps but it only works 50% of the time on the workspace errors, not on the container, engine or bootstrap codes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since these are affecting both files in the project (the temp.noindex folder holds various files that are loaded when displaying the scene) as well as the workspace file, it seems like there's a problem with accessing the disk reliably.

One possible cause if these errors are intermittent is that there's a disk indexer, file synchronizer, or virus scanner that's competing with Character Animator when trying to access the files. We have retry logic in some places to try to reduce fragility in the face of such interference, but it does give up eventually.

Another thing that comes to mind is that in some environments Documents and Roaming data are synchronized or on a file server, which could boost the odds of hiccups when trying to read/write those files.

This is just an initial guess.

There's a process monitor tool from Microsoft that can help show file access activity which might help to confirm/deny this hypothesis, but it produces a firehose of data that can be laborious and complex to interpret. One smaller scale answer is to have task manager up sorted by either CPU or disk access activity when you do an option refresh and see which other processes are popping up when there's a lot of busywork going on. That might provide clues if this really is a contention issue.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird! I would try reaching out to DanTull

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2019 Mar 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having same problem but I eliminated it by copying the project file to another place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you work it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines