Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My Nurse Is Such A Character!

Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been watching my nurse trying to make these sounds for the last half-hour..

Ah D Ee F L M Ch R S Uh and W-Oo  ... it was so funny!

She arrived when I was working with Dave's TemplateHead character and trying to get the mouth to produce the shapes as I made the corresponding sounds..

She thought I looked and sounded hilarious... so when she had stopped rolling around on the floor... I suggested she had a go! Now that was funny!

We put a light in front and exaggerated the mouth movements, but we couldn't do it!  Although it looked as though all the mouth shapes were tagged, only certain one seemed to appear!

So, I was wondering... has anyone else tried this?

It's good for a laugh if nothing else!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure what you mean! She was talking and you only ever got one graphic showing up or do you mean that the mouth didn't change in size when she exaggerated?

Fot the latter try adjusting the "mouth sensitivity" in the face behaviour in the properties panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 16, 2016 Nov 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I thought that if I made the sounds that corresponded to the individual sounds... Ah D Ee etc.. then I should be able to make the corresponding mouth shape to appear.

My Nurse was laughing at me making this strange sounds, but she couldn't do any better!

We couldn't get all the mouth shapes to come up.... we moved the mic, adjusted the audio setting and the, mouth strength, but nothing seemed to work!?

Not a major problem, just something I was messing with!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2016 Nov 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I have been fooling around with these strange individual sounds quite a bit and I haven't got around how it works, yet.

For example: Sometimes a long "Oooooooh" stays "in ("Oh") shape" - very nice, sometimes one or two more mouth shapes (vocals, in this case) would show up - jumpy, rather ugly…

Short worked much better, but creating just those shapes individually seems quite a task, especially with the consonants, that are almost impossible to pronounce loud, clear, and at the same time without any other vocal-like tiny sound…

These weird experiments still helped me understand the apps audio capture and translation better… Keep it up! Long live what's happily weird! 🙂

Remember that after recording some text onto a puppet you can go to TIMELINE->Split into visemes

And that will give you the possibility to delete any unwanted visemes individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is weird!

Apparently Ch uses 60+ speech/sounds variables when it's analyzing  the sound... and then it has to fit those sounds to one of the 11 available vismes/mouth patterns.

But.. I would have thought you could produce a sound for each of the visemes.. Ah D Ee etc and get the corresponding shape?

I haven't got to recording and using the Timeline yet, but this sounds interesting...Remember that after recording some text onto a puppet you can go to TIMELINE->Split into visemes

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 19, 2016 Nov 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines