• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to Edit Auto Lip Sync to Avoid No-Speech Movements

Participant ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very new to Adobe Character Animator - I've only had it a few days - and I'm using one of the ready-made characters (Mark), for a scene I'm planning to introduce a series of tutorial videos.

I've pre-recorded the VO, with a backing tracking, in Audition, and imported it into CH. I've set the Timeline to 'Compute Lip sync Take from Audio', and that has worked well, when there is speech.

But, there are times when there is no speech only backing tracking, and the mouth moves. Also, there is another short VO, which is intended to be 'voices off', and so no lip sync is required. 

Can anyone advise me on how to edit the tracks so that the mouth does not move when I need it to be closed, please?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

I have my computer on instead of iPad, so here are some screenshots to illustrate better.

Here is an initial seen with a recording of lipsync.

I put the blue playhead in the middle and click to highlight the lipsync track.

Then from the Edit menu, I picked "Split". See how there are now two takes?

I then grab the edges of the two takes and drag them to open up a gap in the middle. The visemes now will not appear during that gap!

Alternatively, I could have just selected the visemes in the middle sect

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If there is no audio, the lips should not move! However, to answer your specific question, in the timeline panel you should see a “take” which includes the lipsync visemes. You can manually delete visemes (e.g. drag out a rectangle for the “silent” part of the timeline and delete any visemes that snuck In.

You can also split a take (put payback cursor at point in time then from edit menu you can split the take which will end up two takes in the timeline panel). Once split, you can grab The edge of the two takes and drag left/right to trim it back. So you can split a take near where it is meant to be silent, then drag the edges so the take does not cover the silent period.

Personally I trim the audio files and have a separate file per talking section, then lipsync from each audio clip. That way I can change the duration between talking easily. E.g. if too long a delay, I can move it earlier. So I am just used to having A separate lipsync take per time the character talks (typically a few sentences max).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply. I'll need a few days to work out what you said - some of the technical jargon is new to me - and I'll come back to you then.

The lips are definitely moving when the backing track plays with no spoken words. I also need to close the mouth for some VO not spoken by the puppet.

UPDATE: I think I've worked out that there's no such thing as a payback cursor - and you meant 'playback' - that had me worried, I was expecting bad Karma.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have my computer on instead of iPad, so here are some screenshots to illustrate better.

Here is an initial seen with a recording of lipsync.

I put the blue playhead in the middle and click to highlight the lipsync track.

Then from the Edit menu, I picked "Split". See how there are now two takes?

I then grab the edges of the two takes and drag them to open up a gap in the middle. The visemes now will not appear during that gap!

Alternatively, I could have just selected the visemes in the middle section.

then right click on the visemes and pick "Silence" from the menu.

That leaves it with one "take" (on row on the page), but the visemes for the area I selected is now blank.

Note: Hitting the "DEL" key does not work - it extends the neighboring visemes into the empty area. You have to use "Silence" from the menu to leave it blank.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 18, 2019 May 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is extremely helpful - thank you so much alank99101739​, you have really answered my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines