• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Objects in Hand

Community Beginner ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the best way to get objects to stick to a character?

For example, I like to use number triggers to teach about gear and tools and I like to cycle through them in left/right hand. I would like to have the objects pin to the Character's hand so when I move the arm around it follows the hand, but I always seem to mess up the fluid movement of the arms whenever I get close to having it do what I want. I use transparent pngs for the objects and just not sure where to place them all in the document.

Thanks,
Mike

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Here is an example I made of what I think you are looking for

Gears_002.gif

If it is, then try this grouping, where I made a group of the left arm and put the objects in the group

Group.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. Helpful video for movement, but I am still wanting to track objects (for example, maybe Seth was holding a baseball?) in his hand so it follows the movement. I've watched most of the tutorials and I feel like I learned how to do way back when, but seem to be stumbling with it now. I'll keep digging, but thanks for the help. 

mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you put the objects? Do you have them in the same group as the arm?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have grouped and ungrouped the icons and placed them in and out of +Character and in Body as layers, etc, but they either stick to the body in an undesirable way or make the movement of arm very distorted. Just trying to get a handle on the best way to achieve this effect as I want to be able to teach with products in my hand and want to do it right. Thanks. -Mike

CA.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an example I made of what I think you are looking for

Gears_002.gif

If it is, then try this grouping, where I made a group of the left arm and put the objects in the group

Group.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect! Thank you. I appreciate it.

Best,

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines