Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Odd eye alignment with one eye

Explorer ,
Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layer naming is correct.

Left and Right pupil movement is correct for the right eye.

Puppet behaves well except for the forward eye position. As you see in the image below, the right eye moves upward but sometimes it also looks forward in the correct position. 

Earlier I accidentally had the right eye selected when I used the Pin Tool to add a fixed point. I have since deleted that point and added a new one with the Character selected.

Any help to get that right eye to stop looking up is appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 21, 2018 Sep 21, 2018

I found the Right Eyeball was missing the Tag for Right Pupil Range.

Once I clicked on it, the eye moved correctly.

THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice artwork!

What can help is sharing a rigging view. it is normally either a tagging issue or stray pixels getting CH confused about the pupil range.

I wrote this blog post up in case it helps as well https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/ In your case, scroll to bottom for discussion on crazy eyes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm reading your post now. My layers are very basic:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just noticed "Riight Eyeball"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Fixing the typo didn't fix the alignment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The layer names are used to auto-tag layers, but it’s the tags that matter. So after spotting a typo in a layer name, double check the tags for all the layers.

One note: I normally put the blink layer at the top - not sure if it could confuse the clipping. But I don’t think its causing your problem.

If you wanted to try something, create an oval over the eye and hide it. Mark it Right Pupil Range. Make sure the eyeball layer does not have that tag still set. This should not be necessary to fix your issue, but might reveal something. My guess is there is a stray unwanted tag somewhere, or some extra pixels in a layer. They are by far the most common problems I have seen.

If you cannot still work it out, I don’t mind having a look if you are willing to export the puppet (in the File menu) and upload to Google Drive etc. You can direct-message me if you don’t want to make it public. I can have a look after work. But I will just be doing what is in the blog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the Right Eyeball was missing the Tag for Right Pupil Range.

Once I clicked on it, the eye moved correctly.

THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines