Oh, it can save a lot of time if you can use the menu to "export puppet" which creates a ZIP file (with a .puppet extension). Its easier to transport between machines.
Just FYI, you exported the .chproj file - this file actually contains nothing (zero bytes long). So I imported the AI file. I think there are a few issues going on - I did a number of things (not sure they are all necessary) and got it going.
After doing all the the above, the eyes started moving. I don't know if they were all required. I may try a recording from scratch (I just tried some quick hacks to see what was going on). I can send the puppet back after that.
Ha! I tried to do a video this time. I started by deleting the unused profiles and it started working. So not uploading such a boring video after all 😉
that is, the layers don't seem to be needed - groups worked fine.
thank you so much! You're a life saver!!! and your tutorial is super good too, very easy to follow and has lots of helpful tips