• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

penguin trouble

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having trouble with my penguin puppet, I can't move the eyes or eyebrows, the rest is working great, can anyone please help Dropbox - pinguino.ai ​and this is the project Dropbox - pinguino.chproj

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 15, 2018 Jun 15, 2018

Just FYI, you exported the .chproj file - this file actually contains nothing (zero bytes long). So I imported the AI file. I think there are a few issues going on - I did a number of things (not sure they are all necessary) and got it going.

• I deleted the right quarter and right profile. These are getting tagged, but they are hidden. You also don't have a "frontal" profile, nor a head turner. So I was worried CH was getting confused.
  • I think your artwork was created with groups rather than layers

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try to look later tonight, but my debugging process I documented at Debugging Adobe Character Animator Eyes – Extra Ordinary, the Series

Its usually a stray pupil range tag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, it can save a lot of time if you can use the menu to "export puppet" which creates a ZIP file (with a .puppet extension). Its easier to transport between machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI, you exported the .chproj file - this file actually contains nothing (zero bytes long). So I imported the AI file. I think there are a few issues going on - I did a number of things (not sure they are all necessary) and got it going.

• I deleted the right quarter and right profile. These are getting tagged, but they are hidden. You also don't have a "frontal" profile, nor a head turner. So I was worried CH was getting confused.
  • I think your artwork was created with groups rather than layers. I think most of the time CH needs layers. So I recreated sublayers for Head, Left Eye, Left Pupil etc and dragged the artwork from the groups into the layers.
  • I also create sublayers for Left Pupil, Left Eyeball etc. I don't know if I needed to, but I think CH creates children in the puppet hierarchy automatically when you just have a group, but it gives it the same name as the parent layer. When this is "Left Pupil" the child layer is given the same name, causing both layers to be tagged. I think this can cause problems.

After doing all the the above, the eyes started moving. I don't know if they were all required. I may try a recording from scratch (I just tried some quick hacks to see what was going on). I can send the puppet back after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ha! I tried to do a video this time. I started by deleting the unused profiles and it started working. So not uploading such a boring video after all 😉

that is, the layers don't seem to be needed - groups worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much! You're a life saver!!! and your tutorial is super good too, very easy to follow and has lots of helpful tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines