Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop File Size vs Scene Size

Engaged ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PS file & scene are both 3000 x 3000

Yet my puppet (just a head so far) is really big in the scene - One eye and a little bit of the nose

Shouldn't is fit in the screen?

What obvious thing am I missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

I use 6000 X 6000 so I can zoom right in on face and get clean details. Just change the Scale property under the Transform behavior to reduce the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use 6000 X 6000 so I can zoom right in on face and get clean details. Just change the Scale property under the Transform behavior to reduce the size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

6000x6000 in Photoshop, right?
Looks like a scene has a maximum height of 4320

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For scenes I use 1920 x 1080 (aka 1080p). That is HD resolution and what most laptop screens are. CH will scale the artwork down and lower the resolutions using the scale for you.

Do check it out early to see if any lines are too thin and disappear when scaled down. Ch will scale your 3000x3000 down to the scene resolution (using transform scale). That is fine. But if you pick too low a resolution you will not be able to say zoom in on a hand or face without it looking blurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and don’t do lots of recordings then extend puppet further in size. That will move the puppet origin.

Once you start using a puppet (have recordings) I recommend creating a copy to make further changes if it’s going to change the bounding box of the puppet. And by copy I mean export and import the puppet (not just use duplicate in CH) to make sure the artwork is not shared. Project Wookie, Episode 10: Duplicating Puppets as Backups - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines