Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Physics doesn’t work.

Participant ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I am thoroughly confused as how to get physics to act with as much precision as Dave Werner does in his Okay Samuray physics tutorial video. Every time I record a take with a thrown rubber ball, and then export that take to video it never appears in my video the way it appeared in the character animator timeline.

If I throw a ball and it bounces, while it might look fine in the character animator timeline, when I export the ball throw to video it is not at all in the same position nor does it act the same way. Does anybody know why?

Incredibly frustrating because I’m trying to line up animation and they never lineup.

Is there a way to get the physics takes in my Character animator timeline to look the exact same way, with the same behaviours and actions  once I export them to Video?

Please help. Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Physics in playback mode are an approximation for interactive speed. The “reset scene” button can help a bit, moving objects back to their default position, but it is a bit of a pain.

Can you share a video or similar of screen capture showing the difference between the two? Maybe there is something else going on, but its hard to tell from verbal descriptions alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines