Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PSD import error in Character Animator

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings!

Im having an issue with character animator- when I try to import my psd file in charter animator, I get this error message and I'm not sure what it means.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 11.30.51 AM.png

The psd file is 21 MB. The character I created was originally created in Illustrator, however the file a very large file with tons of gradient effects and layers so I decided to bring in all of my assets into photoshop so that I could rasterize the assets and scale it down. The illustrator puppet worked fine in character animator prior to my converting , but it ran super slow because the illustrator file was over 300 MB. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions , I would greatly appreciate it.

Best,

Lauren

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

I figured it out! My psd layers were smart objects. Once I rasterized them, the problem resolved and I was able to successfully import my psd puppet into ch. animator.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured it out! My psd layers were smart objects. Once I rasterized them, the problem resolved and I was able to successfully import my psd puppet into ch. animator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines