• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pupil is gone

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today when I opened up Animator, all my clothing details I had painted on yesterday and saved were gone. I opened Illustrator to see what had happened, and they were still there in Illustrator. After saving so it would update in Animator I found all my details were now there, but the entire right pupil was gone. I've checked that it is in the right order for layers and everything, but I can not bring the pupil back. It's just gone. The layer is there, but nothing shows up on my puppet. I've tried relaunching the program, adjust layers, everything.

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tay,

Is the pupil visible in the Rigging mode? When this happens to me I usually find that I accidently clicked the "eye ball" for that layer off. What is your blink state? Is the "blink" layer turned on? Hmmmm. Can you give us some more information?

Be well fellow pupeteer - Platty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So when I click on the white space of the eye, a pupil rig does show up, just not with the blue and the black of the eye. I'm really new to this, but I've attached a more detailed picture with the schematics of Right Pupil and the layers for the Right Eye visible. I have blink independent but not visible.Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 5.00.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I *think* clipping uses clips against all following children under the same parent (not just the next single layer). So move the mask as the last child and the pupil with the clipping flag immediately before it. 

https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/04/21/debugging-character-animator-eyess/ I wrote up a few years ago, but might still be useful. It is not the only way to do eyes, but it is what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines