• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Puppet File Unrecognized, and can't be hosted on my external hard drive anymore?

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, has anyone experienced an issue where Character Animator no longer recognizes the puppet file it exported?

Noticed an issue when it told me that the character rig I created now says that if the character animator project is located on a server, I should save it locally, but even when I did that, it still didn't work. (The project was located on a TB hard drive.)

Then when I tried to download the puppet I exported before, It posted an error saying that the puppet file was unrecognizable.

Please advise.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like the file got damaged somehow in transit. If you want to send me a private link to download your puppet file, I can see what can be done to see what might have happened to it.

Thanks, Dan Tull

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ITS BECAUSE OF UPDATED VERSION OF PUPPETS, THEY MAY BE BUGED TO ONLY OPEN IN UPDATED VERIONS OF CHARECTOR ANIMATOR. SAD TO SEE THAT IF TRUE BY ADOBE CREATORS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines