Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Please install Media Encoder" - It is!

New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Can't find a specific answer elsewhere for this so posting a new topic.

Trying to export a Ch recording via Adobe Media Encoder, a task which I've done many times before but today I'm getting the message "Please install Adobe Media Encoder".  The latest version IS installed.   I've tried uninstalling it and re-installing it but with no success.

Any thoughts?  I need to get this animation out by the end of tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi Steve,

Trying to export a Ch recording via Adobe Media Encoder, a task which I've done many times before but today I'm getting the message "Please install Adobe Media Encoder".

Sorry about the trouble, there seems to be a version mismatch.

Please confirm the exact version of Media Encoder & Character Animator (check from the help menu).

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Trying to export a Ch recording via Adobe Media Encoder, a task which I've done many times before but today I'm getting the message "Please install Adobe Media Encoder".

Sorry about the trouble, there seems to be a version mismatch.

Please confirm the exact version of Media Encoder & Character Animator (check from the help menu).

Thanks,

Kulpreet Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes.  Thanks Kulpreet. The old Ch Beta didn’t work with the new Encoder version. Resolved now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 27, 2017 Oct 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the Creative Cloud Package. I have Adobe Character Creator Beta and Media Encoder CC 2015. Apparently these are the most up to date versions of both according to my CC, but I still can't export any video from Adobe Character Animator? How would I match the versions, any advise?

Please and Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I went into my Adobe Creative Cloud and saw that the last time Character Animator was updated, it kept the old version of CA, instead of installing over it. So while I thought I was in the most up-to-date version, I was not. I manually opened the program from Creative Cloud's "open" button next to the most recent version, and then had open the file through CA's menu. Went to export and it worked just fine, no error. So I'd check to make sure you dno't have more than one CA installed. (I don't think Beta is compatible.) Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines