Highlighted

"Render as Vector" only applying to some parts of puppet

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a vector file I brought into Character Animator. It shows up in the puppet panel fine, as a clear vector, but once added to the scene and scaled up, only certain parts are vector. Her eyes and glasses appear fine in the scene, but the rest of her does not. I am clueless. Also the colors vastly differ from the original AI file.

Puppet

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 1.02.36 PM.png

Scene

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 1.02.22 PM.png

AI file

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 1.15.45 PM.png

Head.puppet - Google Drive

Head.ai - Google Drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

"Render as Vector" only applying to some parts of puppet

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a vector file I brought into Character Animator. It shows up in the puppet panel fine, as a clear vector, but once added to the scene and scaled up, only certain parts are vector. Her eyes and glasses appear fine in the scene, but the rest of her does not. I am clueless. Also the colors vastly differ from the original AI file.

Puppet

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 1.02.36 PM.png

Scene

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 1.02.22 PM.png

AI file

Screen Shot 2017-03-29 at 1.15.45 PM.png

Head.puppet - Google Drive

Head.ai - Google Drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for attaching the sample files. I was able to reproduce the issue in Beta 5, and it seems to be fixed for the next version of CH. In the mean time, if you make the Head group independent (i.e., enable to crown icon for it), it should work around the issue in Beta 5.

Hope that helps.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It helps the vector (thank you), but what about the color discrebancies?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's because some paths are using gradients, which we don't currently support when Render As Vector is checked. I've added your request to our feature request database.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines