• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Record 2 frame take

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to use (record 2 frame take)  it records the arm in the correct posed position but the hands are always in a perpenticular facing down position, not the position it was posed in.Can't figure out why it won't record the posed posiion the puppet is in. Any help would be appreciated, I can't seem to find an answer on this anywhere i"ve looked.

Thanks TN

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I ever got to the bottom of it, but sometimes I have had puppets where at the start of the scene the hand starts pointing in the same direction as the default puppet pose. After a few frames the hand twists around to point in the correct direction. It felt like it was influenced by the relative position of dragger handles and sticks... but I never really resolved it. I was wondering if the 2 frame take was kinda the same. E.g. if you drag the take out to a few seconds and play it, does the puppet correct itself? (In my case it would.) If not it might be a different problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will check that out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks it does correct it self  if I extend the take Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, its not a solution, but hopefully makes a work around possible. I hit similar problems with hair dangles. If I start recording from the very start of the scene, long hair sometimes bounces up and down a bit first. I have to let it settle and discard the beginning part. There were ways to adjust the rigging that reduced it - I think it was stick positions relative to other things that made a bit of a difference, otherwise it was just the angle of the hand relative to the default pose of the puppet... dont remember sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that does seem to work I will just have to cut off the beginning of
the take.

[image: DHS LOGO.png][image: facebook.jpg]
[image: twitter bird.png]

Tom Nappi

Director of Creative Services,

Communications Office

Maryland Department of Human Services

311 W. Saratoga Street
Baltimore, MD 21201

dhs.maryland.gov

(410) 767-7471 (office)

--
~~~~~~~~~~~
Click *here
to complete a short customer satisfaction survey.
~~~~~~~~~~~
ATTENTION:
This e-mail (including any attachment) may contain proprietary, legally
privileged and/or confidential information. This e-mail is intended solely
for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed. If you are not an
intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivery of
this e-mail to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and permanently delete this e-mail and any copies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One trick is if in a separate scene is you can use the workspace start/end markers. Set the workspace start to a second or two into the scene. You can then render the workspace. It does all the physics for the first second or two but does not include it in the output file. The benefit is you can put the project down and come back a week later and it remembers the workspace markers for that scene - no need to use Prem pro etc to chop off the start of the video file, which you have to do by hand if you ever come back and need to make changes again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines