• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recording walk behavior

New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys. I'm trying to record a walk behavior and I really love it how it works. But one thing keeps me from animating:

When I record my puppet running from the left side of the screen to the right side and play it back it looks okay. But when I play it back another time, the character will run further from the point he ended up the first time. He runs out of the screen. Dragging with the playhead will only make things worse.

It all sounds very logic to me: Character Animator calculates when the right arrow key is pressed and when not, and then calculates the character running from the point where he is. When I play my performance and pause it half way, the character will still be running because the right arrow key is still calculated as pressed at the point where I stopped.

Is there a way to fix this? Is this a problem that more people have?

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

For now, you'll need to refresh the scene (there's a button in the lower-right corner of the Scene panel) to reset the position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know a way to make my character run and jump?

When I let him run, I want to drag his legs up and his arms to the side and composite him to get above the ground. But at the same time the other points in the body want to keep running, which causes my character to look like a living chewing gum. Any solution to this?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently there's not a simple way to do a jump, but we've heard this request as a possible future extension of walk or other pose-based behaviors. There's probably a workaround way to do it by arming walk > step speed and transform > position and slowing down the step speed while moving X and Y position, but it's going to be a lot of manual work to get looking right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried recording the run and then stopping the run and using draggers and position instead of running. Doesn't look perfect. I'll post the result on sunday on my Instagram account called eased.animations

Anyway thanks for your replies.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines