• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rubber Arms... Apologies for poor title

Participant ,
Mar 15, 2019 Mar 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a poor title. i did not know what to name or or exactly how to search this phenomenon. I know it's been talked about before... I've dealt with this situation before where an item moved with the dragger is slow to resolve itself to final position. Better understood in the video.

This was exported with a linked Ai file at 200% resolution. The video here

See that?

My primary fix has been to swap arms when I move to extreme positions. I wonder why we can't maybe have a pose-to-pose setting like the face behavior for the other relevant behaviors like dragger. Would this help? I actually prefer the pose to pose look most of the time instead of the fluid "tweened" kind of look...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No worries on the title, the video clears it right up!

That effect looks like the mesh relaxing slowly. A faster return to rest time may or may not help. If you enable the mesh visualization option, does it look dense? There might be some rigging adjustments to make the mesh behave better (making sure it is contour instead of rectangular and not meshing with other parts that it shouldn't be that cause the mesh to be overly complicated or strangely shaped).

However, I think you're on the right track in suggesting a pose to pose approach. If you set your draggers to hold in place, you can pose the hands and use 1/2 frame or work area takes (in the timeline menu or Cmd+1/2/3) for the poses you want you should be able to more precisely time the returns using the blend handles on the take bar.

Taking it a step further, you can even make replays of those poses and put them into an arms swap set so you can trigger them with the keyboard. It can take a bit of fiddling to get the blends right so that the poses flow into each other well, but the effect can be pretty good.

Hopefully that helps.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines