• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stupidest Question Possible! How Can i Turn Down or Up the Audio Clip Volume in my Timeline

Community Beginner ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't find any correct documentation or any video about volume control on the timeline, nothing in the forums, ! and have literally spent 3 hours trying to find this. 

This is insane Adobe!!!!!!!  i am a very experienced editor/effects creator, first time in animator. 

Totallly insane that i can't find it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guru , Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

I don't think there is a volume control for a prerecorded audio clip in the timeline. Probably because CH is not really a video editing app. Also, I've found that doing an "edit original" on the audio clip, to open Audition, does not allow adjustments in the same way as modifying psd files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think there is a volume control for a prerecorded audio clip in the timeline. Probably because CH is not really a video editing app. Also, I've found that doing an "edit original" on the audio clip, to open Audition, does not allow adjustments in the same way as modifying psd files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had a feeling that would be the answer.  Thank you for your reply!  Adobe if you are listening, there are many reasons to have a volume button, even when the software is not meant to do editing.  Would definitely save me time and another step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to submit a feature request more formally, here is the place to do it. I'll add my vote.

Character Animator: Hot (52 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know if CA has addressed this issue of controlling volume of audio clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can lower the volume in the timeline now.

Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 10.44.32 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines