• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swap Set Not Working

Contributor ,
Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I set up Swap Sets for my character's hands. I have a front view and body turns in each direction (1/4 and 1/2 in each).  All the hands are working in each "view" except one group (shown here) where the "default" hand disappears and no others in the swap set show at all. I'm perplexed at very least, but I'm sure it's something I don't see.
Anybody have this problem before?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Swap Set Issue.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 10, 2019 Jan 10, 2019

OK SOLVED.  Notice that the "Left Arm - Hands" are no longer in individual folders in the main file (.PSD), like those in the "Right Arm -Hands".  And that solved the problem.  But I don't know why the others do work.  I'll remove the other "Hands" from their individual folders, one-by-one, and test them.
But this solved the one issue.New Swap Set 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to note, the Right Hand is working fine (set up the same way), but the Left is not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You provided a screen shot of the “normal“ trigger bindings - can you include one of the hand positions that is not working?

is it when you press the trigger, the hand is staying as it was?

But before all of that, I would hold down ALT and click the refresh button (two arrows in circle) in the scene window to flush caches in case its some internal caching bug.

Everything you are doing looks sane, and that the other hand works... I suspect some obscure thing like a spelling error, or one wrong layer in a trigger causing CH to be confused rather than something fundamentally wrong. I would go through and check each swap set and binding carefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tap the trigger, the "normal" hand is in the group is hidden, but the hand associated with the trigger does not show - nor do the others in the group.
I'll try to get a screenshot of it .... hold on ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Swap Set Issue 2.JPG

The default hand disappears, but the triggered hand is not loading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK SOLVED.  Notice that the "Left Arm - Hands" are no longer in individual folders in the main file (.PSD), like those in the "Right Arm -Hands".  And that solved the problem.  But I don't know why the others do work.  I'll remove the other "Hands" from their individual folders, one-by-one, and test them.
But this solved the one issue.New Swap Set 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only ever create swapsets from siblings. If the artwork was another level deeper, that might have been causing issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 11, 2019 Jan 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I changed all of the "Hands" structure last night, removing each from the folders in the hierarchy.  It's working perfectly now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines