• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Swap Sets, Layers Involved, Weird Results

Explorer ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a swap set for the different hands of my puppet.  No biggie, works fine.  Well, I then created a Left Quarter and Right Quarter of that puppet, with corresponding arms and hands.  I figured out that it is not necessary to create a swap set for each profile's hands.  Instead, I created an empty swap set, added the hands from my Frontal profile.  Then in the puppet panel, I individually dragged the Left and Right profile hands on top of their corresponding hands within the swap set.  It worked fine.  For instance, when I press the H key, I get the pointing left hand regardless of which profile the puppet is in.

Ok, here's the rub.  I had to break away from work after adding 2 of the 3 hands to the hand swap set.  Upon my return, things were acting weird.  I twirled open the 3rd set of hands, but when I went to add them to the swap set, as soon as I clicked, the swap set changed.  The list of triggers was filtered to only show that swap set.  And the contents of the swap item changed.  It's hard to explain.  Then, if I click on one of the hand layers that I'd previously added, it goes back to normal.

Does clicking on layers in the puppet panel have an effect on the triggers list?  Do duplicated layer names from one profile to the next cause an issue?

TOPICS
Bugs , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?