Highlighted

Trigger a sound effect (or puppet voice recording)

Valorous Hero ,
Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to stream two characters at once - one being controlled by mouse, webcam, voice, lipsync etc, the second being controlled by a MIDI keyboard with pre-recorded replays etc.  (All he does is grunt occassionaly.) But while I can play back the mouth positions, it looks like I cannot associate the sound track and play that back as well.

Best I can think of is to export a series of transparent movie clips with sound and use OBS, but that is not ideal either as there is no way to “stop the current video and play this other video instead, then record to the first video (or static image) when done”.

Best solution I can come up with is to not stream - just record and upload a video. But then you cannot have an interactive session with the audience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trigger a sound effect (or puppet voice recording)

Valorous Hero ,
Jan 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to stream two characters at once - one being controlled by mouse, webcam, voice, lipsync etc, the second being controlled by a MIDI keyboard with pre-recorded replays etc.  (All he does is grunt occassionaly.) But while I can play back the mouth positions, it looks like I cannot associate the sound track and play that back as well.

Best I can think of is to export a series of transparent movie clips with sound and use OBS, but that is not ideal either as there is no way to “stop the current video and play this other video instead, then record to the first video (or static image) when done”.

Best solution I can come up with is to not stream - just record and upload a video. But then you cannot have an interactive session with the audience.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 10, 2019 0
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CH can't currently trigger audio, though we've heard that request a lot so it's an active area of exploration. If you need the ability to trigger audio you can use an app like SoundPlant.

If you have something scripted, you could pre-record your scene, then stream a *recording* of your CH scene.

Dan R.
CH QA

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Feb 27, 2019 1