Highlighted

Trigger swapping glasses/poof

Contributor ,
Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I followed the tutorial from okay samurai on the glasses poof trigger.

It's working but, I would like to have the glasses on by default.

Instead I open the scene and the glasses are off, pressing g triggers the glasses on and the poof, and viceversa.

How do I set the glasses on by default ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Trigger swapping glasses/poof

Contributor ,
Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

I followed the tutorial from okay samurai on the glasses poof trigger.

It's working but, I would like to have the glasses on by default.

Instead I open the scene and the glasses are off, pressing g triggers the glasses on and the poof, and viceversa.

How do I set the glasses on by default ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Valorous Hero ,
Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not near computer right now, but I think triggers for a layer (on/off) cannot be defaulted to “on”. They can be latched so you don’t have to hold down the key, but the latch cannot be defaulted to on (from memory).

However you can create a swap set with different triggers in it. You can create an empty layer and the eyeglass layer, then make the glasses layer the default. So you are not turning it off as much as swapping it with an alternative that just happened to be nothing (an empty layer). That way it can start on, but you can turn it off.

Slightly clumsy maybe, but I think it would achieve what you want. I normally create a sub-group per swapset to make the purpose easier to understand.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for you reply, I'll try that !

Is there any other way around it tho ?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a “replay“ for the puppet so it’s a single button click to add a recording with glasses triggered? That way puppet is off by default but it’s quick to add recording with them on?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, it sounds like you have a trigger group set up for the glasses to be on or off with I'm assuming more than one layer. Normally you can change the default layer in a Rig mode under the triggers tab. Just find that group select the glasses layer, you should see a checkbox to make default and just make that layer default. The default layer will be the layer that will be automatically showing by default. I hope this is what you're trying to do. I am also assuming your swap sets are in an actual swap set group.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Nov 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot I was going to try and give this a go. Here is a plain trigger. Pressing "L" makes the light through the window appear. Note that "default" cannot be turned on, so you cannot make it "on by default". Even selecting latch you cannot make it on by default. (You can submit feature requests by the way!)

Here is a swapset added. I created another empty layer in the artwork, then added the light and "nothing" layers into a swapset. I then put the "L" for light on the "nothing" layer, and made the Light the default selection for the swapset. This then works - pressing "L" makes the light go away rather than appear.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for late reply, but still doesn't work

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you would like some more help could you provide more information? E.g. Show the rigging structure, share a puppet, etc. The screenshots I included had it working, so it is possible. It must be something specific to your situation.

It might be worth trying on a very simple puppet as a first step just to get the swap set to work, then once you have that going, merge into your real puppet.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines