Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unusual behaviour of Eyes

Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a problem with both of my eyes matching up. You can see that the setup is different for both views but I don't know why and how to change them. Is this the reason why on each view, one eye tracks correctly and the other eye has limited movement around the eye and is slower.

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 9.55.53 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-04-20 at 9.57.01 AM.png

Good Right Eye                                                                                               Good Left Eye

Also why does the eyebrow not show up? Yesterday it was the other eyebrow missing! This started happening when I copy and paste 4 layer from Wendigo template to make the head turn correctly. I don't know how to build these layers from scratch, if anyone can help?

Screen Shot 2018-04-20 at 10.06.51 AM.png

Many thanks,

Ian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry the post appearance changed when I posted it.

UPDATE:

Top image - Good Right Eye

Middle Image - Good Left Eye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you share the puppet hierarchy in CH? That is what matters, and tagging.

(Or export the puppet and share it)

Eyes are a common source of problems. There are quite a few posts in these forums with examples if you can find them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure thing. What is the process in sharing it, I'm very new to the forum.

ID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot of the puppet hierarchy is a good start, such as: https://i.graphicmama.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/25064930/022.jpg  - expand as much of the relevant hierarchy as possible. The tree structure here matters a lot.  Yours screen shot of the PSD layers is a good start, but the puppet hierarchy is more useful as its exactly how CH understands the puppet.

The other thing that matters is the tagging, but that is harder to share via a screen shot. The Puppet hierarchy is a good start.

The other thing you can do is use the “Export/Puppet” from the character animator menu and upload the .puppet file (its a ZIP file with a .puppet extension instead of .zip) to Dropbox/Google Drive/etc and share a public link in the forums if you are willing for you puppet to be public, or send a direct message to someone willing to have a look. (I am happy to have a quick look to see if something obvious.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2018 Apr 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that took longer than I planned! In case useful, my notes on how to debug eyes for Character Animator puppets.

https://wordpress.com/post/extra-ordinary.tv/134

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping, unfortunately the page would load correctly for me to see anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I think the other link must have been an "editors" link (ie me only).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2018 Apr 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks so much, I will go through it tonight.

Sun is shining today so it’ll have to wait 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines