• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Walk cycle changes in export

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have the strangest problem: My puppet walks just fine in Character Animator. I imported the timeline into after effects and realised that the puppet doesn't stop properly. She walks and in the next frame she's just standing still. She doesn't slow down as she does in Ch. I tried exporting the timeline into video - same there.

The strangest thing about this is that she walks and stops twice and the problem only occurs in one of the stops. That first time she walks in and stops, it's perfekt.

I tried recording a new walk cycle for that particular moment, but the new one also jumps.

I copied the one that works and even that one doesn't ease into a standing position, when I move it into the new position in the timeline. (in ae there is even one frame in the middle where she does a extreme split)

Can anybody help me?

This seems to collide with my other problem, where puppets never ease out when you set the attachment of the arms and legs to hinge.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 12, 2019 Feb 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like one for helpful Adobe Staff.

I suspect its a timing thing. The timing in CH is an approximation during playback, not guaranteed to be accurate. You are seeing the real behavior in AE as the movie will export. I suspect you will need to trim the length of the take to be exactly the right length to get it to stop in the right position - you were lucky in the first occurrence, unlucky in the second. I would try making the second walk duration exactly the same duration as the first to see if that fixes it - if so, then the above is probably the issue - you need to fiddle to work out the number of frames per cycle and use an exact multiple of that value (something like that).

But just guessing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I think you guessed right. Character Animator doesn't ease out movement when you stop walking. When the leg is in the right position you might not see it, but if you release the key while at maximum stretch (is that the word?) you can see the jump. I don't want to zoom in and leave the feet out of the picture so I'll have to experiment a little for usable results.

I guess the staff is reading here and looking into it for the next update. Walking is much more natural in 2.0.1, but those jumps are a big problem. Those weren't there before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 13, 2019 Feb 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don’t forget there is that separate section of the forums for leaving feature ideas - others can vote for it there as well. Links from top of the forum home page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines