• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Ch position my head/arms randomly after I made changes in Ai?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2016 Nov 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, my apologies if other had brought this up already but since I couldn't find it in the Forum, I figured I'll start this Thread and see if anyone can help.

Sometime when I made changes in the main Illustrator File (say I add a new arms), when i switched to Character Animator, it just position some of my layers weird in some random position.

Here's a screen shot of the file in Illustrator

Ai.PNG

Here's what it looked like in Character Animator

Ch 1.PNG

Now I know you can fix it by dragging all the different parts of the body back to the correct position but I want to know if there's a way to prevent this from happening in the first place. I should also mention that this only  happened to independence layers that had the symbol in the layer name.

I had this problem whenever I add some new layers to the hand/head or the body in Ch Preview 3, 4 and CC 2017 (Beta).

If anyone had any idea on how to prevent this from happening, I'll greatly appreciate it.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Yeah this is a bug. Basically what is happening is that when you add substantial artwork like arms or something, you're essentially changing the origin points of stuff like the Head or Body because you're changing its dimensions to make it a little wider or lower or whatever. For some reason sometimes CH doesn't always figure it out and does this instead. Reimporting, unfortunately, is usually your best bet. Thanks for your input - we'll hopefully fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah this is a bug. Basically what is happening is that when you add substantial artwork like arms or something, you're essentially changing the origin points of stuff like the Head or Body because you're changing its dimensions to make it a little wider or lower or whatever. For some reason sometimes CH doesn't always figure it out and does this instead. Reimporting, unfortunately, is usually your best bet. Thanks for your input - we'll hopefully fix this soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah that explains it. Thank you for clearing it up Dave. Hopefully it's fix on future update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had this same problem, and I even tried to create a large, transparent block around my character in Illustrator hoping that it would keep the puppet in a "bounding box" in Character Animator, but that didn't help either.

Re-rigging a body isn't too time consuming, as much as setting up the head. I though of maybe making one puppet the head and the other the body but that doesn't make sense either... it would be too difficult to coordinate between the two.

Hopefully this bug is fixed in the next version, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines