Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will triggers work on a shirt's arms?

Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm new to Character so please bare with me.  I know you use triggers to make the animation but if I import a shirt jpg into a character can I put triggers on the shirt to make the shirt move with the arm?

Title was edited by: Mod

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 24, 2019 Jun 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Welcome to the forums! In the home page of the forums there are links to all the tutorials, but in your case I did a series of screen casts of animating a photo of a Wookie that might give you a kick start. https://extra-ordinary.tv/2018/10/22/project-wookie-a-beginner-youtube-playlist/

What I think you will actually want is sticks (for the bones of the puppet so the arms bend the right ways) and ”draggers” which you put on the wrists to drag the hands around.  Triggers are most commonly used to swap images - e.g. if you want to swap different sets of hands in, or different colors for the shirt, or make a logo appear on the shirt pocket when you press a key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 26, 2019 Jun 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi mindapolis,

Welcome to Adobe!

I saw your question in the Photoshop community. In addition to the suggestions given by @alank, you might want to have a look at the videos in this link: Character Animator tutorials | Learn how to use Adobe Character Animator

Let us know if you have any question.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines